Here is a sampling of our holdings; Don Herron's essay "Collecting San Francisco Mysteries" mentions the last four authors listed:
- Death Traps by Kay Cleaver Strahan
- The Man Who Didn't Mind Hanging by Nancy Barr Mavity
- Murder on Russian Hill by Lenore Glen Offord
- Kill and Tell by Howard Rigsby
- Death and Taxes, and many other titles by David Dodge: San Francisco History Center has his mystery novels, and Book Arts & Special Collections has his travel writings.
- A Dirge for Her and others by Virginia Rath
- Murder Loves Company by John Mersereau
Come up to the San Francisco History Center to read some of these gems. Many of them can only be found in this department of the Library.